Relay problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
I m working on a project in which i m using relay to switch light bulbs. The problem i m facing is that for the first 4 to 5 times relay switches on and off properly but after some time it starts to back-effect the circuit, i m using IN4007 as the suppressor diode and BC548 with the 5 V relay. Do I need to use a different diode? Is there a possibility that my diode is not working properly and I need to change that.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Inrush current. Add capacitors to supply current to the light bulb(s) in the first moment of start-up.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Capacitor across the diode?
Does the diode provide current to the light bulb?
No. The relay does.
Add capacitance to the power supply where it connects to the relay contacts so the start current of the light bulb doesn't load down the power supply.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Does the diode provide current to the light bulb?
No. The relay does.
Add capacitance to the power supply where it connects to the relay contacts so the start current of the light bulb doesn't load down the power supply.
which capacitor i should use and of which value? how can I connect a capacitor to this circuit?

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One better way might be zero cross switching of the AC with a SSR.
Using a 2n7000, MOC3162 and a triacs, 3 of each.
Eliminates the ULN2003, and the relays.
BTW, the ULN has internal diodes so the 1n4007 are superfluous.
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
which capacitor i should use and of which value? how can I connect a capacitor to this circuit?
Now that you have provided some information, Max has a better idea.
Until that drawing in post #9 everybody was guessing.
Take a lesson. Provide enough information so we don't have to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.