Relay keeps on clicking

Saseabhishek

Joined Apr 30, 2021
I have a 6V Toy motor controller, When Motor is not connected to Board the relay clicks only once and I get 6V output.
However, If I connect motor to Board then Relay keeps on clicking and does not give output unless I give some motion to Motor.

When I give some motion to motor then the relay stops clicking and motor rotates without anyproblem.

Can someone help me ?

Attachments

Saseabhishek

Joined Apr 30, 2021
Sounds like it might be a battery problem. Are you using a fresh of completely charged battery pack?
Yeah, Just yesterday I bought two 6V battery packs and connected them in parallel for increasing battery capacity. I checked the battery volatge and it shows 6V, so even battery is fully charged.

Saseabhishek

Joined Apr 30, 2021
I have a 6V Toy motor controller, When Motor is not connected to Board the relay clicks only once and I get 6V output.
However, If I connect motor to Board then Relay keeps on clicking and does not give output unless I give some motion to Motor.

When I give some motion to motor then the relay stops clicking and motor rotates without anyproblem.

Can someone help me ?
Apologies for the typo mistake in thread caption.

Saseabhishek

Joined Apr 30, 2021
What is the motor and what is the battery (link or mdel/data)?
Its a Motor controlled toy car, I have two 6V batteries connected in parallel for extra capacity. Most probably the motor must be 6V motor coupled with plastic gearbox. Attached image is the motor driver. I HAVE BOUGHT THIS CAR FROM STORE SO ONLY THING I CHANGED IN BATTERY.

boostbuck

Joined Oct 5, 2017
Your description of the problem indicates a problem with the stall load of the motor.

When the motor starts, the load on the battery is high. If it is higher than the batteries can supply, the battery voltage will drop and this will cause the relays to drop out, then pull in, giving the clicking you describe. When you start the motor manually, the high start load is removed and the batteries can supply the circuit.

If the only change you have made is the batteries, then that would suggest the batteries you have used are inappropriate or faulty, or the battery connectors are not working.

Saseabhishek

Joined Apr 30, 2021
Your description of the problem indicates a problem with the stall load of the motor.

When the motor starts, the load on the battery is high. If it is higher than the batteries can supply, the battery voltage will drop and this will cause the relays to drop out, then pull in, giving the clicking you describe. When you start the motor manually, the high start load is removed and the batteries can supply the circuit.

If the only change you have made is the batteries, then that would suggest the batteries you have used are inappropriate or faulty, or the battery connectors are not working.
Actually even I thought in same way but when I connect the motor directly to the battery it runs quite well. So i think the problem is in the board but cannot diagnose it.

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
I see a crystal on board, like there maybe some microcontroller. If voltage drops below microcontroller operatig level, it resets and if there is some programmed delay in software the it will give same symptoms. Solutions can be:
1. Check motor, maybe it is damaged and draws more corrent than batterires can instantly supply
2.Check connections between battery and board
3.Isolate microcontroller power supply from motor supply (hack)
4.Use more capable batteries (also a hack)