regarding motor controller use as inverter

Akki7213

Joined Apr 26, 2021
Can EV PMSM Motor controller be used as inverter to run appliances.
EV pmsm controller runs at different frequency, if frequency is fixed at 50Hz .Can it be possible?

i am thinking of using proper step up transformer to reach voltage at 415V RMS.

Akki7213

Joined Apr 26, 2021
I've worked on systems that have utilized induction motor VFDs driven into step up/dwn transformers for alternate voltage motors.
EV PMSM motor controller are basically inverter that can generate frequency like 0-300hz(example.), that frequency change cause speed variation..... i was looking at a way to use that controller at fixed 50hz to work as a home inverter

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Yes I want to run three phase load through that PMSM motor controller. As a industrial use..not as a home inverter.... I will modify my starting thread..
Unless it's a very simple VF motor controller, it's unlikely to work or be stable. While the basic AC inverter circuit might be very similar, a motor controller usually relies on some sort of feedback from an actual spinning motor as a control function for a speed/torque set-point. A home power inverter feedback set-point is the utility frequency/voltage that's usually independent of the type of load.

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/sol...tor-types/permanent-magnet-synchronous-motors

Akki7213

Joined Apr 26, 2021
Unless it's a very simple VF motor controller, it's unlikely to work or be stable. While the basic AC inverter circuit might be very similar, a motor controller usually relies on some sort of feedback from an actual spinning motor as a control function for a speed/torque set-point. A home power inverter feedback set-point is the utility frequency/voltage that's usually independent of the type of load.

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/sol...tor-types/permanent-magnet-synchronous-motors
I looked over a PMSM ev .motor controller ... By pressing lever ...frequency might be changing ... To achieve frequency ... Well feedback must be there but I am not sure... Controller output is sinusoidal and it is using space vector control to achieve sin wave... If it's simple v/f controll then voltage must be dropping with frequency to achieve low speed .... And but I am not sure that... it's just inverter with V/F control