reduce the frequency of data

Alasttt

Joined May 13, 2015
Hi,

I have some high frequency data, and I need to reduce the frequency of it. I am transmitting it to a pc, but it is too quick and I am missing bits. It is currently at 50us bit width. I would like to get it to something like 5 times slower. I have tried a d type flip flop to reduce it, but the output doesnt contain all the bits, I am now trying to use multiple and gates to induce and intentional propagation delay to but it doesnt look like this is getting anywhere either .

Thanks

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
No way to get the data stream slower without memory and a MPU.
Think about it you empty a bucket in a cup 1/5 the size of the bucket where is the 4/5 to go?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
50uS = 20Mhz.
Why not divided by 10 equal to 2Mhz, any special meaning?
If you using 74HC390 then you can get a 2 Mhz ouput.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi,

I have some high frequency data, and I need to reduce the frequency of it. I am transmitting it to a pc, but it is too quick and I am missing bits. It is currently at 50us bit width. I would like to get it to something like 5 times slower. I have tried a d type flip flop to reduce it, but the output doesnt contain all the bits, I am now trying to use multiple and gates to induce and intentional propagation delay to but it doesnt look like this is getting anywhere either .

Thanks
Who is sending the data?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You need to tell us more about the format of the data and how it is being transmitted:
Is the data synchronous or asynchronous?
A PC should be able to handle data at upto 230 kbaud which is ten time the frequency you are running at, so what kind of a PC are you using and what application are you using to receive the data?

Hi,

Thanks
Your problem is just the opposite of mine. I want to watch live TV but fast forward through the commercials.

Do you see the problem with your question? You either need to slow the data output or read it faster, you cannot slow down the information coming out of the cable (unless you read it faster and store it, then read it slower at a later time).