Rechargeable battery circuit

Yousi8

Joined Feb 11, 2024
I am working on a project and I have to build a rechargeable battery circuit to charge a 14V battery, I already have the rechargeable battery schematic but it does not show the components' values, Is there a way to calculate those components' values, or any method to find those values?

IMG_8406.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The circuit is a bit suspect already because of the apparent shorted circuit across R3. Also consider that R7 is the only resistor that the charging current passes thru and is only sort of connected to the base of transistor Q1.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
A lot more info is needed. A couple of things for instance are..
What capacity is the battery?
What will be the battery chemistry?

Yousi8

Joined Feb 11, 2024
A lot more info is needed. A couple of things for instance are..
What capacity is the battery?
What will be the battery chemistry?
the battery is 7.2V 700mAh Battery Pack 6 Cell AA Nicd, I am going to be combining two batteries to generate 14.4Volts for the project

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
For NiCad batteries not only does the current need to be limited, but also the charge needs to cut off to avoid destruction. No flaot charge allowed.
And in the drawing in post #1, it seems that junction dots have appeared where lines cross and the very clear arch-over symbols at crossings are missing in may places. That point being a crossing, not a junction, makes a fair difference in functionality.