Reading data from RAM

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Hi all,

I have several X24C44P NOVRAMs which I would like to read data from and rewrite data.
Is it possible to achieve this or do I have to know how the data was written and what equipment is needed?
Does anyone know of any tutorial that I can use to achieve this, since I have no experience with RAM ICs?

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Here's the datasheet...

It says that the chip is obsolete. With only 256 bits arranged in 16x16 matrix, I doubt there are much use nowadays.

Attachments

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Thanks for the replies.
The datasheet state: "The READ instruction contains the 4-bit address of the word to be accessed".
If I don't know the address the word was written to, is it still possible to read the data from the RAM?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The datasheet state: "The READ instruction contains the 4-bit address of the word to be accessed".
If I don't know the address the word was written to, is it still possible to read the data from the RAM?
You can go through every address and read the data at that location. The problem I think you are trying to solve is to interpret the data and understand what it all means. You can only do that by knowing the format in which the data was written.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Thanks for the replies.
Read all 16 addresses.