Reading data from AT21CS01 using Arduino

Ramkishor

Joined Sep 11, 2022
I am trying to use the AT21CS01 Chip from the microchip. It's a single-wire memory chip. I am using it for the identification of my device. I am trying to read the data using an Arduino board. Please let me know how to use that chip.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008

Attachments

Ramkishor

Joined Sep 11, 2022
This is the waveform I get when I reset the EEPROM.
the EEPROM doesn't drive the S/O pin to low even after the reset command.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
That device is weird in such the start signal determines high/ low speed... However! I cant find what these two speeds are.. I'm assuming 400Khz and 100Khz ( the original I2C bus speeds ) You MUST set the I2C to one of these speeds to use this device,

Personnally, I wouldn't I would go for the DS18B20 range as there is FAAAR more support. The D18 can also be parasitic..

That device is weird in such the start signal determines high/ low speed... However! I cant find what these two speeds are.. I'm assuming 400Khz and 100Khz ( the original I2C bus speeds ) You MUST set the I2C to one of these speeds to use this device,

Personnally, I wouldn't I would go for the DS18B20 range as there is FAAAR more support. The D18 can also be parasitic..
I tried to use DS18's library but i couldn't even so achieve. I had even used with ChatGPT but it did not work. You are right about I2C bus speeds but AT21CS01 is single-wire EEPROM and freq is approximate 70 kHz as seen in the attachment.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I2C standard is 100Khz.. But that lil device is > 15Khz ( slow ) or > 125Khz ( fast )

I would need one to play with, But I don't.. For the sake of using the SCLK pin, just use standard I2C.. I mean the pin cannot be used for anything else!!