Read any good books lately ?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have been reading a few things about the graphic novel Maus that appears intriguing. With possibility of picking one up.
Anyone read it??

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I just heard on CBC Radio about the book The Anomaly by Hervé Le Tellier.
It was on sale at Amazon for $4.99 so I ordered it. Unfortunately I wanted the French version but they downloaded the English version on my Fire Tablet. I cancelled the order.

You might enjoy the English edition.

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
Re: Patrick O’Brian

I am just finishing up his third book “The Mauritius Command” in this series. Lots of fun. I got interested because I raced sailboats (Flying Junior class) when I was at UC San Diego. These full rigged fighting ships are obviously different than the little boats we had but I can follow along the jargon pretty well. Hard-a-lee!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
In the non-fiction aisle, I'm currently reading "Elusive", which narrates the long journey to the discovery of the Higgs boson. And I'm finding it fascinating.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Not lately but few years ago, in English, On writing by Stephen King. Didn't care much about the first (biographic) part while found extremely interesting the second, where he deals with the craft itself (and his aversion to a certain type of adverbs).

I admire this writer.

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
I have been reading a few things about the graphic novel Maus that appears intriguing. With possibility of picking one up.
Anyone read it??
Yes, Maus is good. I presume you know the book's subject, so "good" refers to it being well done on an important subject, not it being pleasant or entertaining. Everyone should read it.

On a lighter note, I recommend:
Pranks! (RE/Search, No. 11)
Pranks 2 - RE/Search Publications
Bad Karma by Paul Wilson

Last edited: