Re-writing your ancestry

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I found that an ancestor of mine was killed on the Plains of Abraham (Quebec) in the war between Britain and New France.
He wasn't actually on either side, but he was camping nearby and went over to complain about the noise!:eek:.
Max.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I found that an ancestor of mine was killed on the Plains of Abraham (Qubebec) in the war between Britain and New France.
I found this site which does a comparison and for different reasons why someone would want to do any of them. For me I already have enough people who have done most of the work for me.

So, I fall into the category most of the people from Britain do so I'm not interested much in knowing that. But; I do think that the research database on the geno 2.0 test is interesting if more people have it done.

This guy spells it out pretty well for those interested in certain criteria http://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog/2014/04/06/2014-most-bang-for-dna-bucks/

kv

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I don't want to know. Amphibian for sure. Swim like a fish and my ass is water tight. lots of French, English and Choctaw(1/8). on my Mothers side her Mother has roots back to an English Army Captain who arrived on the Mayflower.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
All I know is that most of my heritage comes from the British Isles. Boynton, Merrill, Byrnes and Lutz. The last was from Bristol, but I'm pretty sure there's a little German or French there.

My wife's heritage is all Irish. Our children are red-haired, freckled Irish.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
All I know is that most of my heritage comes from the British Isles. Boynton, Merrill, Byrnes and Lutz. The last was from Bristol, but I'm pretty sure there's a little German or French there.

My wife's heritage is all Irish. Our children are red-haired, freckled Irish.
It's funny how genetics and mixing of the breeds works out. I'm a mutt as i said but i look like your average white guy. My wife is filipino; other products of a white guy and filipino gal that i have seen, come out looking pretty damn asian. My kids though don't have a hint of asian. My wife thinks that when she brings them in public, people assume she's a nanny watching some rich white dude's kids.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My wife thinks that when she brings them in public, people assume she's a nanny watching some rich white dude's kids.
Yes, it is funny; Genetics.

My wife's is black; yet her Great GrandMother is German straight off the boat. You would never know it and our kids; the youngest daughter looks hispanic; middle son is white kinda like Brad Pitt and blonde as a boy now with little facial hair brown eyes and a chiseled face ( I believe due to eastern american indian they traced in the family ) Plus, Mongolian Spots; on their backs, hands or both; which was a surprise to me and my wife.

My wife gets people from the Islands who attempt to speak French with her. When I was a kid; Platinum Blonde and Green Eye's and hair like Denis the Menus; my eyes slightly slanted I tan easily. My brother and dad on the other hand get very Dark and can hold a tan long into the winter.

My Mom always believed we had Cherokee Indian in us, but in my research; I know we don't. Maybe a chance of Asian on my Dads side; not known about. Viking records of more than Saga's known from them; not until after 1066 did they begin keeping records for taxation on lands and titles found in the Doomsday Book due to French and English influence.

One of our Sociology Professors had a Test performed and is how I became interested in the Test. Since then the cost is down from $300 to $99.

His test surprised him; showing not American Indian DNA but; a small percentage of Northern Asian.

kv

Edit: Oh, I lost the Slanting eyes with old age. Now I'm just an old white dude.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I gotta say, those Scotts/Irish are some tough SOBs.
That's the kind of genes that make me hard to kill.
That's what we figure my dad was, mostly Scotch/Irish. I had the great pleasure to travel in England and visit Hadrian's Wall, which was built by the Romans to keep my ancestors out of England. But like most wall projects, my ancestors were already on both sides of it by the time it was finished.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I found that an ancestor of mine was killed on the Plains of Abraham (Qubebec) in the war between Britain and New France.
He wasn't actually on either side, but he was camping nearby and went over to complain about the noise!:eek:.
Max.
I went on vacation last year to Quebec city, and loved every minute we were there.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This map seems to say that the border between Ireland and Scotland is called the North Channel, and it's mostly made of water. :confused:

Attachments

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
This map seems to say that the border between Ireland and Scotland is called the North Channel, and it's mostly made of water. :confused:
I refer you to post #55 and #57 if you're still unclear who the scotch-irish are. Also there is a Wiki entry that goes into more detail.