re-wiring winch a control #2

b257

Joined May 22, 2020
I have the same winch and a similar problem. I have mounted this on a home made freight elevator. I am a controls technician. I want to install relays and top and bottom switches and an rf relay for remote control, but why they have the up and down buttons with three switches and three capacitors leads me to believe the switches in the pendant are doing more than one function. It is not as simple as having either switch give power from one wire to another. My answer to your problem is take the switches out of the pendant you want to add and replace them with the original switches and wiring. You might have to add a face plate for mounting or maybe you can modify the holes you have.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
As this is a new thread, not sure your question or winch.

In my limited experience, the three buttons on the pendant are UP, STOP, and DOWN. Single phase induction motors usually need to be stopped before changing direction. Otherwise, they can continue to run in the original direction. For a winch, that can be a disaster.

b257

Joined May 22, 2020
As this is a new thread, not sure your question or winch.

In my limited experience, the three buttons on the pendant are UP, STOP, and DOWN. Single phase induction motors usually need to be stopped before changing direction. Otherwise, they can continue to run in the original direction. For a winch, that can be a disaster.
First let me say I have looked at this quickly one time. It has a single switch for up and down no stop. I joined hoping to find a print. Checking with ohm meter it feeds back through motor and caps so can't really see what''s going on. Joined here and joined this thread hoping to find a print the person that started this thread has the same wench I have. I got this from Amazon. My house is on stilts with a deck on back over concrete. I cut a hole in the deck and built a freight elevator I have already wired a control box with an rf relay and up and down proximity switches. The pendant has a single rocker switch. and a capacitor in the pendant and two more at the motor. Don't know why so many capacitors and the switch seems to have more than one function. In other words it doesn't seem to just send power from the common to another wire. There are three switches on the inside of the pendant even though there is only up and down function. Long story short I had hoped to find a print. This seems to be manufactured by a Chinese company named Bada. 1320 lb winch model #pa600b. It is also sold by Harbor freight. Pennsylvania and probably five others. Told harbor freight has print but couldn't find it. Bolted it to a 2x12 on top of the frame because I need it now hoping to avoid working on it where it is or lifting it back off and taking it down.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looking at the unit specs and pictures on line, it does look as though it should be easy to reverse-engineer, with a little patience.
This maybe the only option if wishing to expand it.
Max.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The "Stop" is not necessarily a switch. It just ensures the Up and Down switches are OFF. That is, if you press the Up switch, and it stays connected, how do you turn it off? On the pendant I wired, the Stop mechanically ensures Up and Down are popped out. That was almost 40 years ago, so my memory may not be perfect..