RC-single push button forward reverse motor

Jwhitt

Joined Apr 8, 2018
Can I simplify my request for help and ask, how would I convert the 120v ac wired controlled winch to a RC controlled winch that operate similar to the 12v dc RC controlled winch? The AC winch uses a diode bridge to convert from AC to DC before going to the wired control which uses rocker switches B0B6AF6B-8F0B-4FFD-A158-E95492167FD2.png325564C5-36F5-43F4-9801-BFCD01617676.png

That could be fairly easy.

Remotes on Aliexpress typically have a toggle or pulse function.

if you can find a 3 button remote, set 2 for pulse and one for toggle.

The winch can be made to work with two automotive SPDT relays. Search for chicken coop door ot automotive door locks. Sam system.

One coil open, the other closed. truth table is:
00 off
01 on direction
10 the other direction
11 off

Use a dual coil latching relay for each direction. They would power the automotive relays.

Set an autopmotive relay for power in the toggle mode.

Put an electrical e-stop somewhere.

The other question would be, is if there are limit switches. They would be in series with the down and up coils. The automotive relays do take a sizeable coil current. I think around 150mA.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It sounds a whole lot like safety is not a consideration. Control arrangements need to be safe and to fail safe. The two-button RC setup would be fairly safe, a one button scheme would be rather unsafe without a lot of safety add-ons.

I remember seeing some wireless crane controls. They are probably a little more sophisticated that a wireless signal that may or may not get heard.

e.g. While operating have a heartbeat signal.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
My point is that iit will not be simple to keep the system safe enough for a lift system that may carry people. Certainly it has been done in a safe manner many times, but none of those systems are simple. And none of them are cheap.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
My point is that iit will not be simple to keep the system safe enough for a lift system that may carry people.
Again (and you even gave me a like the first time) he is not making an elevator or lift, but a winch.

If a single button is wanted, why not also add a DPDT switch to control direction with the SINGLE button to control power? That way direction, in or out, is controlled by the DPDT and the button makes it move. No latching relays or safety concerns.