Radio earphone frequencies

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
It seems those earphones were marketed before Bluetooth came on the scene, so I'd guess they used Wifi frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz) ?

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
It seems those earphones were marketed before Bluetooth came on the scene, so I'd guess they used Wifi frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz) ?
Hi A,
I have a wifi checker, that can my wifi, but it didn't see this when running.
From what I've found, I think you're correct.
Thanks.
C

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi A,
Thanks.
C
Wireless landline phones also use 2.4GHz and that was a standard long before wifi existed. Your wifi checker won't connect or see any recognizable strings of data so it won't consider these to be wifi - even though they are on the same frequency. Note: Bluetooth also uses the same 2.45 GHz band (just between wifi channel 8 and 9).

PaulEE

Joined Dec 23, 2011
If the box has an FCC ID, you can look the product up on the FCC's website and see what they were certified for. Just a thought.

Paul
KI5VNH

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Wireless landline phones also use 2.4GHz and that was a standard long before wifi existed. Your wifi checker won't connect or see any recognizable strings of data so it won't consider these to be wifi - even though they are on the same frequency. Note: Bluetooth also uses the same 2.45 GHz band (just between wifi channel 8 and 9).
Hi Mr S,
I have stripped the transmitter and receiver from the set, and plugged the transmitter into a remote switched socket (for no reason) and it wouldn't switch off or on, and I suspect the socket is also 2.4GHz so does this seem correct?
C