radio control frequency for model cars

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
I have been to toy world and k-mart looking at their model cars on display.
Toy world and k-mart have them showing they use a frequency of 27ghz.This is on the front of the packet.

You wouldn't use this frequency for radio control of a model car. It is also not an approved frequency by the federal communications authority for model cars.
I understood that 27mhz was used for rc of model cars. 433mhz is used for garage door openers and remote control of power point switches. So what gives on this 27ghz? Is it a mistake? They are all Chinese made and perhaps it is a mistake in interpretation to English?
I need to know the correct frequency as I am doing work in arduino coding and decoding of RF signals. Had no luck yet with the 433mhz signals yet. I think it may be the wrong receiver module I am using. I think it is using a crystal and shouldn't be. I have ordered a different type without the crystal.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Yes MrChips thats what I thought. It must be a wrong labelling on the box. You would think the retailers in Australia would have picked it up.
The part I think is a crystal is in a metal box 1cm x 3mm. I have a 433mhz remote controlled relay and the receiver does not have this metal box.