radar detector surge? is it wrecked?

boostobsessed

Joined Mar 11, 2019
I was installing my wiring harness on my road bike for a tpx 2.0 radar detector when a protective cap fell off the aux connection and the connection touched the positive battery terminal anyone know if it can be fixed?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
There is simply not enough information in your question to answer it.

Apparently, the aux out is a 3.5mm female connector, I assume the metallic outside touched the battery?
What are the symptoms now, is it just dead?
Have you opened it to see what might be wrong?

I think you are best off contacting the manufacturer and returning it to them for repair.

boostobsessed

Joined Mar 11, 2019
There is simply not enough information in your question to answer it.

Apparently, the aux out is a 3.5mm female connector, I assume the metallic outside touched the battery?
What are the symptoms now, is it just dead?
Have you opened it to see what might be wrong?

I think you are best off contacting the manufacturer and returning it to them for repair.
Yes, the metallic femal connector touched the positive batt terminal. I checked the harness fuse and thats dine i also checked 12v is still getting to the plug for the radar and it is. The radar wasswitched on i saw this happen and the aux touched the positive terminal the radar went dead and i cannot power it up now wont turn on. Ive opened radar and cannot see any burn marks or anything like that. And i cannot smell any burnning either.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes, the metallic femal connector touched the positive batt terminal. I checked the harness fuse and thats dine i also checked 12v is still getting to the plug for the radar and it is. The radar wasswitched on i saw this happen and the aux touched the positive terminal the radar went dead and i cannot power it up now wont turn on. Ive opened radar and cannot see any burn marks or anything like that. And i cannot smell any burnning either.
Without a schematic, and no obvious skid marks (burnt remnants), you are at the mercy of your skills and tools which appear to be insufficient. I suspect, given the size of the unit, there is a lot of SMT in there, so I think the manufacturer really is your best bet.

Wish I had more to offer, but it's really a case of over your head and not something that can be done by remote control on the Internet.

Uilnaydar

Joined Jan 30, 2008
I'm going with Yaakov on this. It is a learning exercise that might be irreparable. One valuable takeaway on this. thing; I bet you the next time you do this.... battery will be completely removed and gotcha parts covered with tape.

I can laugh because I have 100s if not 1000s of dead warriors from mistakes like this. When you have to shout upstairs to the better half "That's just me, the house is NOT on fire", you are doing it wrong (or right if you like explosions like me).

boostobsessed

Joined Mar 11, 2019
I'm going with Yaakov on this. It is a learning exercise that might be irreparable. One valuable takeaway on this. thing; I bet you the next time you do this.... battery will be completely removed and gotcha parts covered with tape.

I can laugh because I have 100s if not 1000s of dead warriors from mistakes like this. When you have to shout upstairs to the better half "That's just me, the house is NOT on fire", you are doing it wrong (or right if you like explosions like me).
Haha thanks guys i wasn't laughing last night i appriciate ur help. Ive contacted manufacturer