Quick Question, referencing mounting holes

DocQBN

Joined Jan 2, 2017
I'm struggling to clarify what does "4-2.5" mean when referencing the mounting holes in this datasheet. At first, I thought it meant 4x 2.5mm holes but that doesn't seem to make sense in this context. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
I'm struggling to clarify what does "4-2.5" mean when referencing the mounting holes in this datasheet. At first, I thought it meant 4x 2.5mm holes but that doesn't seem to make sense in this context. Any help would be appreciated.
I read it as 4x 2.5mm as you suggest. The pattern looks to be repeated 4 times for the two holes so it saves them dimensioning them all. They use simlar terminology around the holes too (12-) so the detailing all 12 holes.

DocQBN

Joined Jan 2, 2017
I read it as 4x 2.5mm as you suggest. The pattern looks to be repeated 4 times for the two holes so it saves them dimensioning them all. They use simlar terminology around the holes too (12-) so the detailing all 12 holes.
Thank you!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
"12 ∅ 1 hole" indicates 12 1mm diameter holes.
"4 - 2.5" indicates a spacing between the holes of 2.5mm. This would apply to the four pairs A-B, C-D, E-F, and G-H.