Quick question - need just one good answer: JX2N2219A

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Two like transistors, same number as in post, followed by "M1532", the other "M1633". Is there a difference? If so - what's the difference? Data sheet I've looked at doesn't cover that much of the part number. Is that a date code? Please, no guesses.

Thanks.

Regarding the operation, there's no difference. What matter for us is the "2N2219A" code. The JX, M1532, and M1633 are other data which depends on the manufacturer. Honestly, don't know what they mean, but I'm sure it doesn't have to do with electrical characteristics. Date code makes sense. There are lots of different codes after the 2N2219A. For example, K9219, H1223, 232, etc. Others just have merely 2N2219A with no more data.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
That's what I was leaning towards, a date code. However, I just had to ask because another inspector before me rejected a board because of the different numbers. The disposition was to return it to the supplier. In the past I have accepted this board with this condition without worrying for even a second about the differing numbers, just like the date codes on IC's.

Thanks all. On top of all this - it's a class 2 board. Can't even reject it for low solder on an axial lead capacitor.

Merry Christmas all.