Questions regarding electrical inertia and multi-bandpass filters

JethroTull

Joined Sep 3, 2014
Problem nr1.

By considering the basics of the components of electricity(magnetism and dielectricity) and hence the way condensers and inductors behave, and hence the parallell RLC circuit.
How do i make the oscillation between the inductor(s) and the condenser(s) more inert in the sense that the oscillation between it lasts as long as possible when i remove the power source from the circuit, and the resistor ,in this case for simplicity, is a lamp between the L and C.
Since my knowledge is superficial and theoretical.

The higher the inductance and capacitance the higher the electrical inertia.
But when the energy storage becomes high wont it become a filter and hence try to kill the oscillation when the frequency is low (30-400hz)?

Question nr2.

How do i make a multi-bandpass filter from different filters so that their properties dont mix with each other creating another different filter.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Look up the concept of Q.
Q depends mostly on losses in the inductor. Find an inductor with lowest possible series resistance relative to its inductance, and make the capacitive reactance large as practical...

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Might try looking up " comb filter ".
A comb filter just adds a delayed version of itself or the output. See the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comb_filter
The magnitude response is periodic, but I would hardly characterize it as a practical band pass filter because the skirts are not very steep and you have no control over the center frequencies and bandwidths of the multiple passbands.

So:
Analog filters can be placed in parallel with each other and their outputs added together. Buffering can prevent any of the filters from affecting the others.