Question involving circuit with capacitor and resistor in parallel

cactoise

Joined Jan 9, 2017
Hey y'all. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to resolve the questions about the following circuit:

The questions are as follow:
What is the voltage between points A and B when the switch is open?
What is the voltage between points A and B when the switch is closed?
What is the ΔQ is each capacitor from when the switch is open until a lot of time after the switch has closed?

Any help is appreciated!
Sorry about the bad drawing, I did it in paint haha.
Thanks in advance for all the responses!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Take them one at a time and make your best effort. In particular, try to explain what your reasoning and approach is and what assumptions you are making.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hey y'all. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to resolve the questions about the following circuit:

The questions are as follow:
What is the voltage between points A and B when the switch is open?
What is the voltage between points A and B when the switch is closed?
What is the ΔQ is each capacitor from when the switch is open until a lot of time after the switch has closed?

Any help is appreciated!
Sorry about the bad drawing, I did it in paint haha.
Thanks in advance for all the responses!
Hi,

I think your drawing is pretty good really. Some of the drawings i have seen on web sites greatly pale in comparison with very hard to see lines and very sloppy hand drawn resistor values. Your drawing is much better.

As others have said, you have to show some of your own work here first.
Try starting with the first question, then the second question if you can. Keep in mind that for DC, a capacitor looks like an 'open' circuit with some charge storage.
Question 3 just involves a comparison between two DC circuits, but see how you do with questions 1 and 2 first.