question about symmetrical circuits:

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by subatomic particle, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:58 AM.

1. subatomic particle

Thread Starter New Member

May 8, 2018
    how can this happen?
    upload_2019-3-17_14-57-28.png

how could we delete the resistance on the left?
    Can anyone explain?

Thanks

2. AlbertHall

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 4, 2014
    What is the voltage across that resistor?

subatomic particle likes this.
  3. subatomic particle

May 8, 2018
    Well i dont know, but i think it doesnt matter.
    I am learning how to semplify symmetrical circuits, and in the example i posted above the voltage was not mentioned.

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    The question "What is the voltage across that resistor?" was meant for you to think about the problem and the answer.
    It does matter. In the example posted, you do not need to be given the voltage. You need to determine this on your own.
    Try to determine the voltage across that resistor and that will lead you to the answer to your original question.

5. KeithWalker

Jul 10, 2017
    You could use an eraser or white-out. You don't define what the result of deleting it should be.

6. subatomic particle

May 8, 2018
    Oh i understand!! The voltage is 0V because C and D have the same potential thats why we can remove it :D
    Thanks so much!

7. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Where is this educational material coming from?

8. mvas

Jun 19, 2017
    Yep, the clue was the word "symmetrical", that appears in the title of your thread.

9. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Overall. The 3 resistors in the middle form a Y. Transformation from Y to Delta is well known technique. It is a bit cumbersome to do, but you can probably program your graphing calculator to do it for you. Therefore, the whole thing that you want us to explain is a waste of time. This sort of exercise asks student to reduce The Whole Network of resistors to just one equivalent resistor. So how you do the middle part does not matter.