question about symmetrical circuits:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Well i dont know, but i think it doesnt matter.
I am learning how to semplify symmetrical circuits, and in the example i posted above the voltage was not mentioned.
The question "What is the voltage across that resistor?" was meant for you to think about the problem and the answer.
It does matter. In the example posted, you do not need to be given the voltage. You need to determine this on your own.
Try to determine the voltage across that resistor and that will lead you to the answer to your original question.

subatomic particle

Joined May 8, 2018
The question "What is the voltage across that resistor?" was meant for you to think about the problem and the answer.
It does matter. In the example posted, you do not need to be given the voltage. You need to determine this on your own.
Try to determine the voltage across that resistor and that will lead you to the answer to your original question.
Oh i understand!! The voltage is 0V because C and D have the same potential thats why we can remove it :D
Thanks so much!

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Overall. The 3 resistors in the middle form a Y. Transformation from Y to Delta is well known technique. It is a bit cumbersome to do, but you can probably program your graphing calculator to do it for you. Therefore, the whole thing that you want us to explain is a waste of time. This sort of exercise asks student to reduce The Whole Network of resistors to just one equivalent resistor. So how you do the middle part does not matter.