Question about one CE replacing - computer mb

Thread Starter


Joined May 3, 2016
Hi there.

It`s me again.

Have here one 775 motherboard and have changed some electrolytic capacitors, but for one i didn`t have the same and put higher voltage. Now it`s higher and cooling cannot be installed.

Of course i attach photos. How to proceed? Do you think i will be able to find 680uf 4v in this size in my country`s(eastern europe) local stores or the value is very untypical? Maybe the biggest store here has only 16,25 and 35V(fujicon) variant and i think they also will be very higher.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20160429_140227.jpg IMG_20160429_140236.jpg IMG_20160429_140245.jpg


Joined Feb 19, 2010
When I was looking for replacement caps, I found this advice:
"For replacements:
- ESR should be the same or lower.
- Ripple should be the same or higher.
- Voltage should be the same or higher. [Without getting ridiculous.]
- Don't wanna change uF unless you have to.
- Also make sure it will physically fit both diameter and height."


Joined Sep 22, 2013
I once had a motherboard that was out of warranty due to age. I called the manufacturer for some parts.

The manufacturer preferred that they did the repair. They offered to repair the board and ship it to me free, if I would ship it to them.

Always check with the manufacturer.

I have received many free parts.

Thread Starter


Joined May 3, 2016
One more question :)

CE 0.47uf 50v replacing on monitor power board.

I see no such capacitor in main electronic components store - search 0,47 and 470nf;

What can i replace with ?

Thread Starter


Joined May 3, 2016
I need to replace it now.

I know i can replace with bigger value with same voltage, but ask if this can be done in this case.

I ve heard that not every ce can be replaced with bigger value, same voltage. If i remember correct if the capacitors is used for some kind of protection.