Question about old crt-tv set(does it support NTSC?)

icgriller

Joined Jun 1, 2019
So I am looking for a new CRT-monitor to use with my Raspberry Pi using the 3,5mm jack composite AV-out for retro gaming. So I found a Blaupunkt PM 37-49 for pretty cheap(except for the postage :s) and am wondering if it supports NTSC via SCART... The Pi can output PAL too but there are ready made custom configs only for NTSC and having a multi-standard TV for possible future NTSC-consoles and projects would be nice anyway.

Couldn't find an owner's manual or much info in the internet, but I did find the service manual. I'm new to electronics and only beginning to study reading schematics, I thought I'd ask someone here to take a look just to be sure I don't buy the wrong TV.

So in the text there is no mention about NTSC until the last page, where something is described about the controllers for the analogue functions of brightness, contrast, volume, color and finally color tone on NTSC (tint), which is a setting only used on NTSC-signals. So I found it on the schematic(p.20) and around it there's a circuit which I assume is for selecting the signal standard.
Screenshot_20190611-163030.png
Looks to me that it identifies the signal and selects between SECAM and PAL/NTSC. To me this looks like I can be pretty sure that it does support NTSC, but came here so someone can stop me if I'm wrong. Is this enough to go by?

Attachments

icgriller

Joined Jun 1, 2019
Yes it's got a decoder for Pal, Secam and Ntsc signals.
Cool, thanks for the quick help!

Out of curiosity and for learning: is the whole middle part of screenshot part of an IC that does (at least some of) the decoding and switching between standards and such? In the
pdf it says TDA 4555 IC 2555 inside the rectangle, and around the edges the pin numbers? Starting to make a bit of sense if it is so, haven't really read anything like this before...