Question about 12v trigger out from projector

illllm

Joined Feb 2, 2023
Would anyone know what kind of trigger it is? Is it a pulse or is it a constant 12 volt trigger? I am trying to manually trigger a projector screen based on a pin diagram I have on the screen's control board but no luck so far. Any help is much appriciated.
thanks,

Matt

illllm

Joined Feb 2, 2023
So there is another pin that shows +5, up, 5volt Ground, down. Would the up and down signals be +5 volt ?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the TS were to share what information they have with us, such as the actual diagram referenced, there is a possibility that they might get a useful description of what to connect.
Based on the description presented so far, it might be a slide projector that uses an external pushbutton trigger to advance to the next slide.
So before we even ask about voltages, a more complete description of the system and the function of the trigger is needed. Otherwise all of the responses are guesses.
" I am trying to manually trigger a projector screen " does not tell us very much. What action is the TS wanting to trigger?? A slide change?? Or raising /lowering the screen??? Triggering the screen to do WHAT????

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So there is another pin that shows +5, up, 5volt Ground, down. Would the up and down signals be +5 volt ?
Do you have a power supply that you could use, to see what signal voltage and duration it takes to control the screen?

So it looks like you need two signals to control the screen.
Adding a 12V SPDT relay controlled by the projector signal, could do that.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I repeat my question:

" I am trying to manually trigger a projector screen " What action is the TS wanting to trigger?? A slide change?? Or raising /lowering the screen??? Triggering the screen to do WHAT???? Finally we are told it is a video projector. There are also film, slide, and filmstrif projectors that have assorted triggered functions. As well as actual projection screens that trigger to open and close.
OR does the TS mean to cause the video projector to change the projected image?? More details are needed, I am not a mind reader.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

illllm

Joined Feb 2, 2023
Do you have a power supply that you could use, to see what signal voltage and duration it takes to control the screen?

So it looks like you need two signals to control the screen.
Adding a 12V SPDT relay controlled by the projector signal, could do that.
Thanks Crutschow ! Your response helped me and I was able to fix it by tracing out the relay path.