Quadcopter project using Arduino

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Nice job.
So the 4 motors start from the same time and they controlled by the arduino when arduino got the signal from receiver?

Jaosef

Joined Sep 2, 2011
Nice job.
So the 4 motors start from the same time and they controlled by the arduino when arduino got the signal from receiver?
Thank you! Exactly. And the arduino uses data from an accelerometer/gyro (mpu6050) to stabilize the quadcopter.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
So you around 80 years old?
I was 9 years old and in the 4th grade. It was a J-3 Cub built from a Berkeley kit. Wing was 72", and power was something measly like a Torpedo 19. Controls used Babcock rubber-band powered escapements (2). It was a "bang-bang" system. One pulse was full right, two was left, and three was up. Rarely used down. They were basically power-assisted gliders. I built my first solid wood (pine) models like were used for IDFF when I was 4 (circa 1947).

John

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I was 9 years old and in the 4th grade. It was a J-3 Cub built from a Berkeley kit. Wing was 72", and power was something measly like a Torpedo 19. Controls used Babcock rubber-band powered escapements (2). It was a "bang-bang" system. One pulse was full right, two was left, and three was up. Rarely used down. They were basically power-assisted gliders. I built my first solid wood (pine) models like were used for IDFF when I was 4 (circa 1947).

John
So your were start to play the flying toys at 9 years old, I didn't play flying toys only the kit of remote control ship used 4 batteries about 20 years old, when I assembled it had some trouble that it can't work, I measured it to tried to figure out where the problem was and I found the problem was in the direction control unit of the ship, I found that there were 4 diodes putted the wrong polarity, so I called the phone to asked the seller, the service girl said that they just wanted them to be like that, oh, I see, they must be afraid of other companies to duplicate their products.

Jaosef

Joined Sep 2, 2011
Added a GoPro and some FPV-goggles. Hard to get the hang of controlling the quad at first, but after som practise it was a lot of fun!