PWM to control multiple DC motors and fan

Teamtoken

Joined Apr 16, 2021
Thanks to everyone, some really fantastic solutions and commentary here that I'll keep coming back to.

While it's probably a whole other kettle of fish, what is the level of difficulty/work involved in going from a prototype Arduino circuit like this to a fully manufacturable PCB?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
what is the level of difficulty/work involved in going from a prototype Arduino circuit like this to a fully manufacturable PCB?
I have actually used an Arduino as a component mounted on a custom PCB a number of times. Often I can buy them cheaper than the parts they contain.
The Pro Mini with an external USB to serial adapter used when programming it. (There are a few versions of this board as the two in these pictures show)
ProMini.pngFoneHome4.JPG

Or the Nano with inbuilt USB.
Nano.pngNanoVFO.png

But you can develop your application on an Arduino then transfer the code to a custom board with the same processor.

An example of this that springs to mind is the early 3D printers that were based on an Arduino with a plug in board. Next, they went to a custom PCB but still programmed with the Arduino system.