Putting Transfer Function in Standard Form

frozone45

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hi, everyone. I was having trouble understanding how to put a transfer function in standard form. The transfer function is "To(s)" in the attached "Problem Work.pdf" file. The transfer function is boxed at the bottom of the image in this file. The problem in the "Problem.pdf" file asks me to put the transfer function in standard form, according to the table in the attached "Table 1.2.pdf" file. The circuit for the problem is in the attached "Figure P.178.pdf" file. I couldn't figure out a way to rewrite "To(s)" in one of the forms in the "Table 1.2.pdf" file. Would anyone have any tips on how to rewrite "To(s)" in one of these forms?

Attachments

frozone45

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Thank you Dana. I changed the transfer function, as the original version in my first post above was not correct. I updated the "Problem Work.pdf" file in my first post above to reflect this change. I am sorry for the confusion.

This is as far as I got while trying to put To(s) in standard form (file is attached to this message):

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

The form can contain actual numbers and does not have to be variables. For example either of these forms is acceptable:

1/(s+a)

1/(s+3)
where we knew that a=3.

The only thing that has to stay a variable is of course the 's' or perhaps the 'jw'.

frozone45

Joined Apr 16, 2016
I see. I got the transfer function into the pure variable version and the version with actual numbers as well. Thank you so much Dana and MrAl!