Public Behavior That Pushes Your "Rage Button"

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I must have been in line for at least 20 minutes just to copy 3 sheets and about ready to erupt like a volcano. However, I some how manged to make it through another episode of public stupidity without blowing my top. :)
That's what separates you from others. Me? Anymore I just see it all as entertainment. No longer feeling I am in a hurry I amuse myself watching people do stupid things, for example the woman verses the copy machine. Just driving can be entertaining. :)

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Back when my daughter was four or five we stopped at McDonald's and were eating in the McPlayland (or whatever they call it) and there was this kid that was a year or two older than her that was being a royal terror and completely ignoring (when not flat out refusing to obey) his parents repeated instructions. Absolutely no consequences for his bad behavior at all. This went on the entire time we were there. One of the things he did was took these huge plastic Lego-like building blocks that were sitting on a Lego-like table and threw them all over the place (and his parents said nothing, of course). Out of curiosity, as we were finishing up I said to my daughter something like, "You know, it would be really nice if you picked up all the building blocks that are scattered around and stacked them on that table." She got up and went and did it without any fuss -- I'm not sure, but I had the impression she was so compliant in part because of the example the other kid was setting, but I didn't ask her. Since we were sitting right next to this family, they of course overheard. The mother remarked how she wished her son were so well behaved. I simply said that she likes the consequences when she behaves enough more than the ones when she doesn't that she rarely misbehaves. Fortunately, that's still true to this day (for me, anyway -- her mother would say something quite different).
Just think, someday the other kid will be working for your daughter.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Just think, someday the other kid will be working for your daughter.

Ron
I would hope that my daughter will have the sense not to hire the other kid, but I get your point.

More likely, my daughter will have to work extra hard because she will have to help support the other kid because he won't have any skills with which to support himself since, after all, society owes him.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I would hope that my daughter will have the sense not to hire the other kid, but I get your point.

More likely, my daughter will have to work extra hard because she will have to help support the other kid because he won't have any skills with which to support himself since, after all, society owes him.
Sadly that pretty much sums it up. Man, when my parents took us out it was a big deal and if you were disobedient your butt belonged to our father. I was the same with my own and now I see my kids asserting a standard on the grand kids. I see undisciplined kids every day and it's just one of those things that trips my trigger.

Ron

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Public transportation (buses and trains) is a battlefield for rude behavior and I can feel smoke coming out of my ears every time I ride transit.

The worst offenders are people who use the entrance door of the bus to exit and get off. I can understand the elderly and mobility impaired riders who must sit in the front of the bus and get off through the entrance door. However I all too often see perfectly able bodied riders who will literally run (like an Olympic sprinter) all the way from the back of the bus up to the front and get off through the entrance door.............. all while there are people waiting to get on.

Then there are people who don't know where they are going and they carry on a lengthily conversation to get directions (I want to go to............, but can I then go to..........., but where do I get off............., then can I .................. get to........... etc. etc. etc.) with the driver while the bus is setting still at a stop. for a minute.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Public transportation (buses and trains) is a battlefield for rude behavior and I can feel smoke coming out of my ears every time I ride transit.

The worst offenders are people who use the entrance door of the bus to exit and get off. I can understand the elderly and mobility impaired riders who must sit in the front of the bus and get off through the entrance door. However I all too often see perfectly able bodied riders who will literally run (like an Olympic sprinter) all the way from the back of the bus up to the front and get off through the entrance door.............. all while there are people waiting to get on.

Then there are people who don't know where they are going and they carry on a lengthily conversation to get directions (I want to go to............, but can I then go to..........., but where do I get off............., then can I .................. get to........... etc. etc. etc.) with the driver while the bus is setting still at a stop. for a minute.
I think the worst people are the ones crowding the front of the bus during rush hour refusing to move to the back. I have seen buses leave people at the bus stop because the front was full while there are empty seats in the back. This is where the driver is supposed to manage the herd. I always tried to get the herd to move to the back. Everyone would suddenly go deaf. So I would proceed to go through the isle stepping on their toes.

I really do not get people.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Public Behavior That Pushes Your "Rage Button"
For me it's ppl violating my _space_ when there's plenty of room for everyone!

So for example strangers who sit next to me in nightclub, restaurant, theater, non-reserved public vehicles and wherever when there's other seats available:mad:! Also ppl parking right next to my private vehicle when other spots are available same distance or closer to building or event!

So on same basic _theme_ talky doormen, cabbies, cashiers, check out clerks and like that 'hike' my BP too:mad:!

@Glenn Holland thanks for this thread cuz I needed catharsis:D!

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
People who act like they know everything when your aware they don't.
People who try to change your point of view on a subject when their side sounds stupid.
people who want to tell me why I should hate guns and how bad they are. (Guns don't kill people, People with guns kill people)
Edit: Hillary Clinton talking

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
people who want to tell me why I should hate guns and how bad they are. (Guns don't kill people, People with guns kill people)
Don't get me started by tripping my trigger. :)

Overall I believe the trick to the game, if we call it a game, would be don't sweat the small stuff. Every day we are going to come across some seriously stupid people. Everyone knows we can't fix stupid. Ron White had a valid point on that. We don't even need to be outside our secure home environment to find stupid, we can read it in newspapers or find it in our television media. Stupid will be there and that is a given but the trick is not to get upset about it. Since we can't change or fix stupid we may as well accept it and find humor in it.

Ron

Ron

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Reloadron said:
Don't get me started by tripping my trigger. :)
I started hunting at about the age of 5 with my Father but haven't been in years. I grew up around guns. I've never, ever thought about hurting anyone else with one. Now on the other hand if someone comes to me with the intention of hurting me or my family I "WILL NOT" hesitate to use it.
And I just paid attention to you handle real close Ron and I can just hear someone holler...…… RELOAD...RON!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I see undisciplined kids every day and it's just one of those things that trips my trigger.
Ron
I feel sorry for the teachers now, I know a couple, and it seems the kids rule the class now.
Try and eliminate the use of cell phones in class for one!
Compared to now, school for us would be the equivalent of boot camp.:confused:
Max.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Im English.......anyone who cuts in line.

What do you do when there are 2 cashiers facing each other and a single corridor between them, then you have 1 line which is waiting for one of the 2 cashiers to advance the next first person. Instead of forming 2 lines, they don't. I've never understood why people do this?

I once was in a line, same thing, at the Social Security office standing in a single line as a 17 year old kid, I was next in line when suddenly an old man behind me rounds and goes to an attendant, but he looks at me as he passes and say's " He who hesitates is lost " since that time I always think of him when I have to wait in line and be polite like a good little social sheep. But, I could easily say something like " look!!! everyone, can we each just pick a line to go to? instead of making one giant line? Lets divide and conquer Ok I have things to get done today!

kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I started hunting at about the age of 5 with my Father but haven't been in years. I grew up around guns. I've never, ever thought about hurting anyone else with one. Now on the other hand if someone comes to me with the intention of hurting me or my family I "WILL NOT" hesitate to use it.
And I just paid attention to you handle real close Ron and I can just hear someone holler...…… RELOAD...RON!
Yeah, there is a link between me and the screen name. :) I was 8 my first time out, tagging along with the adults. My uncle's friend gave me a .22 to drag around and each afternoon I got to shoot cans. When we departed, Charlie, my uncle's friend gave me that old .22, a Remington 510P which 60 years later I still have.

Like my wife says. When we come across rude, crude and socially unacceptable people, "another reason for gun control". However, it's like I said, you are going to cross paths with rude, crude and socially unacceptable people every day so we may as well just learn to deal with them. They also, unfortunately breed and we can't just sterilize them. There are laws to save them. We can only hope that eventually a Darwin award terminates them.

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Like my wife says. . We can only hope that eventually a Darwin award terminates them.
Ron
Just watched the Frontline news program featuring the report on AtomSwaffen by ProPublica regarding the riots in Charlottesville etc for example.
They seem to have been given validation by someone who we won't mention!.
Max.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Just watched the Frontline news program featuring the report on AtomSwaffen by ProPublica regarding the riots in Charlottesville etc for example.
Max.
Sure. Nazis and racists need validation for their criminal public behaviors.:rolleyes: Surely they would have been at home watching opera without it.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Max.
:) I have to agree. Personally when I see something like that in the making I execute an about face and walk (or run depending on the situation) the other way. There are no winners and nothing good ever comes from a confrontation like what happened in Charlottesville or for that matter anywhere else. I watched assorted protest and demonstrations in Cleveland, Ohio from my living room on TV. I saw no reason to be there yelling "hooray for our side". Maybe I have just become too old. Things escalate and people get hurt.

Ron

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I was in the food store before Thanksgiving and lucked upon a line with only two people in it. I maneuvered my carriage into the line as the first person cashed out and left. That left a 50-something woman and her daughter ahead of me. And she only had ONE item. Great, right? No. She had no clue how to use the self checkout feature. Neither did her twenty something daughter. The long lines on either side were moving. I was frozen in place. But I knew that as soon as I changed lines, something would happen. The woman called over a store employee to help. Not once, but TWICE! How hard can it be to checkout ONE item. Twenty minutes later, she completed her transaction. By this time, I’m exhausted and angry. I went home and took a nap.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I was in the food store before Thanksgiving and lucked upon a line with only two people in it. I maneuvered my carriage into the line as the first person cashed out and left. That left a 50-something woman and her daughter ahead of me. And she only had ONE item. Great, right? No. She had no clue how to use the self checkout feature. Neither did her twenty something daughter. The long lines on either side were moving. I was frozen in place. But I knew that as soon as I changed lines, something would happen. The woman called over a store employee to help. Not once, but TWICE! How hard can it be to checkout ONE item. Twenty minutes later, she completed her transaction. By this time, I’m exhausted and angry. I went home and took a nap.
I think that is by design. The supermarkets outsourced checkout to the customer just like gas stations did years ago (with of course the exception of New Jersey, US where an attendant is mandatory). Unfortunately when using a self checkout the customer needs to be smart enough to use the system and that is not always the case. :( I am pretty sure it is a rule that the shortest line takes the longest to get through.

Ron