PS3 PSU HELP no standby light

HEINRICHF

Joined Sep 10, 2016
Hi there hope someone can help i have ps3 console with no standby light the silicon bridge rectifier is faulty can someone tell me how many volts must the replacement rectifier be

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
How do you know your rectifier is bad? Can you read any markings on it?

The current rating is crucial. It's likely rated to double your line voltage or so, but you need to replace it with one with the same or higher current rating. Look around for other components it might have taken down with it.

HEINRICHF

Joined Sep 10, 2016
How do you know your rectifier is bad? Can you read any markings on it?

The current rating is crucial. It's likely rated to double your line voltage or so, but you need to replace it with one with the same or higher current rating. Look around for other components it might have taken down with it.
i have replaced the capacitors it did work for few minutes but it died again thats why i want to replace capacitors and voltage rectifiers thers also a diode sb360 thats giving 0.2 on multimeter other forums syays diode should be 0.5 is that correct and the voltage rectifier will 1000v or 750v be ok for ps3 psu thanks

HEINRICHF

Joined Sep 10, 2016
According to the datasheet 0.2 is correct for a diode current <0.1A. At 3.0A the diode would drop 0.74V.
If in doubt about a component property, always consult its datasheet.
Hi just one last thing i have auto raging digital meter the diode sb360 give exact reading of 0.160 is that too low.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
No, the apparent voltage drop depends on current and your meter is supplying very little. The low number might be suspicious but it doesn't tell you anything for certain.