PS Vita, anyone have one, tried it?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So my buddy has one and I was playing on it the other night and wow that lil thing is super impressive. Its like a lil ps3 in your hands. Anyone have one? Know the specs on it? Check it out, look at the youtube gameplay and lemme know what you think. I think its a safe buy because they will probably hack it soon if it hasn't already, uses a modified SD card as cartriages, has lots of cool features it could add and I don't see anymore portable game consoles coming out in the next 3 years at least. Nintendo 3D's just out, and they haven't put out anything like the psp in their line yet.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I've seen that, and it looks pretty cool.

What's stopping me from buying one, is that the PS4 will be coming out soon and so I reckon the number of games for the vita will go down.

The Playstation Portable looked pretty cool and had some good games, but with the ps3, game companies stopped making games for it, and it kinda fell into obscurity.

But I think everyone's waiting for HL3. ;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I haven't heard anything on a ps4 at all. I thought that was still 5-8 years out on their biz model? Usually they only launch if there are significant hardware gains which there are not, or a competing system is launching a next gen console and as far as I've heard MS isn't burning any trailed into a new XBOX 3. Also remember PS3 was years behind the 360. So naturally we should see another xbox before we see the ps4. These systems are sold for below cost at start because the companies make the money over the lifetime of the console. I just don't see the ps3 getting replaced for at LEAST 5 more years.