Proto PCBs

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I've used Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com) in the past, and have had little problem with them. I just got back some boards I recently ordered via their $33 each program. Images below. The dark marks between the traces of 3 of 4 of the boards are shorts.

I am sure they will make good on this -- I already talked to them. This is just an illustration that even vendors with a history of good quality can make mistakes.

PCB 1.jpg

PCB 2.jpg

PCB 3.jpg

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I've used Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com) in the past, and have had little problem with them. I just got back some boards I recently ordered via their $33 each program. Images below. The dark marks between the traces of 3 of 4 of the boards are shorts.

I am sure they will make good on this -- I already talked to them. This is just an illustration that even vendors with a history of good quality can make mistakes.

View attachment 115817

View attachment 115818

View attachment 115819
Ouch! ... like you've just said, everyone makes mistakes, what matters now is how quickly they fix their blunder

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
yep.. Stuff happens and if you don't pay for e-test you won't know until you find the failures..
I always do etest now

Sadly "Quality Control" and "Quality Assurance" is going out the window..
We actually have vendors that are "attempting" to charge us for the "first piece inspection" on parts they make for us..

Just throwing out another suggestion for a board house that I've used that does great work and will beat the pants off advanced circuits pricing.. (etest is free too)
https://www.itead.cc/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html