Protect E03 on Sony Amp

Echo26

Joined Jan 13, 2021
Looking for answers, I have a Sony Shake 6D Hifi system and has E03 power supply tag error. However for some time. Unit is working like a couple of hours but after minutes sometimes E03 triggers. I did check the voltage. And they were nominal as indicated by the service manual. I have seen bloated Capacitors on yhe amp section, but I can easily swap them out.
However chances might be , caps will bloat anytime if issue is unaddressed.
How can I measure negative voltage on analog multimeter?
I tried to measure the positive voltages, same as output from the service manual.

Since Eo3 triggers, No voltage output can be read anymore from the positive rails.

How can I make sure that the smps is producing right voltage without tripping the Protect E03 error?

I dont have a schematic for the smps, only for the Amp driver circuit as includid in the service Manual.

Attachments

Echo26

Joined Jan 13, 2021
Looking for answers, I have a Sony Shake 6D Hifi system and has E03 power supply tag error. However for some time. Unit is working like a couple of hours but after minutes sometimes E03 triggers. I did check the voltage. And they were nominal as indicated by the service manual. I have seen bloated Capacitors on yhe amp section, but I can easily swap them out.
However chances might be , caps will bloat anytime if issue is unaddressed.
How can I measure negative voltage on analog multimeter?
I tried to measure the positive voltages, same as output from the service manual.

Since Eo3 triggers, No voltage output can be read anymore from the positive rails.

How can I make sure that the smps is producing right voltage without tripping the Protect E03 error?

I dont have a schematic for the smps, only for the Amp driver circuit as includid in the service Manual.
If I am not mistaken on the bloated caps, is it possibly that the amp output is overvoltage for the capacitors? Or its caused by a defective mosfet for the push pull.

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
I question whether or not the caps are taking the full brunt of trying to smooth out AC rather that smoothing out mostly DC. Check the bridge rectifier for leakage or a defective portion. The rectifier is not shorted or the fuse would blow. It is very unusual for the filter caps to continue to blow like this.

Echo26

Joined Jan 13, 2021
Which
I question whether or not the caps are taking the full brunt of trying to smooth out AC rather that smoothing out mostly DC. Check the bridge rectifier for leakage or a defective portion. The rectifier is not shorted or the fuse would blow. It is very unusual for the filter caps to continue to blow like this.
Which caps do you mean? The 4 large ones?