proprietary 5 pin power connector

paco1

Joined Jul 18, 2017
I recently acquired an Ohaus lab balance for free because it would no longer power on. I'm pretty new and inexperienced in this part of the world of electronics, but I have troubleshooted and fixed other things in the past (bad fuse in a waffle iron, bad heating element in a lab hot plate/stirrer) and thought it would be fun to give this a go. Well my first obstacle happened pretty early on in that it did not come with a power cable and buying a new one would cost around $75 given that its some proprietary plug. I figured I could just take it apart, remove the existing power connector and put in a new, more common, plug type.

IMG-2468.JPG IMG-2467.JPG

My problem now is that the power connector that came on it had 5 pins to the board and I cannot find anything similar to it. Does something like this exist? If not is it possible to replace it with a 3 pin barrel connector or modify one to work? Or am I just SOL?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It looks to me as a power entry/baril socket, especially being at the power supply end.
Try searching Digikey for a sub.
I would suspect that some of those pins are common to each other via foil.
Max.

paco1

Joined Jul 18, 2017
Thank you for the response. The 3 side holes (1 on right, 2 on left) were all connected via a metal sheath that wrapped around the top of the original connector, so I assume I don't really need to utilize all three holes independently if they're all connected anyways. Even if I can't find a perfect match would I be able to just go with a connector with flat pins and then solder short runs of wires from the pins to the correct corresponding holes on the board?

Thank you. My responses may be slow as I'm at work.