Propane/Oxygen Gun Simulator Schematic

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I don't like programming MCUs in any other language than assembly. That's because most of the projects that I work on are timing-critical, and you have no idea what the compiler will do when it generates the code. Of course, I've been told many times that it's easy to insert assembly segments in C and Basic, but I find it dumb to make one program in two different languages.
If you want me to, I could send you a few AT89LP4052 for you to play with, courtesy of the house, seriously. But then again, you'd need a device programmer to set them up. Although they can also be programmed serially, and in-system. All you'd need is a computer with a parallel port, the free software, and a few cables.
Thanks C, I really appreciate the offer! But I Googled it for a look and by page two my eyes glazed over.:(
I'm so old I don't buy green bananas so I'm not sure I could get thru it. Maybe I need to stick to the easy ones.:oops:
Thanks again!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Thanks C, I really appreciate the offer! But I Googled it for a look and by page two my eyes glazed over.:(
I'm so old I don't buy green bananas so I'm not sure I could get thru it. Maybe I need to stick to the easy ones.:oops:
Thanks again!
Well, if you ever change your mind, let me know.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Okay. I think we are pretty close now.
Have a look at this schematic. I made it in two parts, so maybe it will be big enough you can see it. :)
If you right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new window it will be larger.

Attachments

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Made a couple of changes while looking for parts. So, here is the latest. The jumper across the on off switch is just to let the simulation run.
Also attached is the .asc file. If you download LTSpice from here you should be able to open it. You will have trouble with the logic and the pots since they are added to my spice library, so you will need to draw them by hand. I'm not sure how to add parts to a MAC version. Maybe someone else does.
http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/
I will e-mail you the parts list. Please check it against the schematic. I added a few caps for noise at the end and may have missed one.
It is probably easiest to buy the box and proto board locally (like Radio Shack) so you can get a feel for the size you want.
The parts list from mouser is pretty neat. If you click on the part number it will go to the part and you can then open the data sheet. So, you have the info you need to use the part (pin numbers, etc.)
I'll make a sketch about the grounds on the board. I think you have one for everything else.

Attachments

Last edited: