Projects With The WiCard Programmable WiFi Controller Module

MA321

Joined Feb 2, 2018
I have already written an article about WiCard Programmable WiFi Controller Module on my website. So in this thread I have put some tutorial videos of WiCard.

Like Arduino, you can build your own WiCard WiFi module on a breadboard too. Take a look at this link to see how to do it:
Make Your Own WiCard On A Breadboard

Here are Some Simple Projects with WiCard, Including Videos (Please enable the subtitles of the videos):

1. Toggling an LED via WiFi (WiCard GPIO)

This video shows you how to toggle an LED with WiCard:
Here's the schematic of the circuit in the video:

2.LED Dimmer (WiCard PWM)

This video shows how to do:
This tutorial uses the same schematic as the first tutorial.

3. Interrupts (WiCard PCInt)

This video shows how to use pin change interrupts of WiCard WiFi module.
Here’s is the schematic in the video’s circuit:

4. Light Sensor (WiCard ADC)

This video shows how to use analogue to digital converter of WiCard:
Here’s the schematic:

5. 7-Segment Counter (WiCard Timer)

This video shows how to program a WiCard for a 7-segment counter:
The following schematic is a circuit with a 7-segment and a WiCard WiFi module in the video. The 7-segment starts counting from 0 to 9 after toggling start/stop button.

Also this WiFi module has the OTA Update (Over The Air Update) feature. You can simply upgrade the firmware your WiCard WiFi module by clicking on the "CHECK FOR UPDATE" button in its internal configuration page and enjoy the new features.

By the way, as the next project, I'm going to make a "Quad-Rotor/Quad-Copter" drone with WiCard. What's your idea? (For example in the next firmware update, I'm going to add a "Joystick tool" in the control box maker).

If you have any idea or suggestion for WiCard module, I'll be happy to hear that.

Last edited:

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
A comparison might be useful.

What can I do with WiCard that I cannot do with ESP8266 or ESP32 modules ?

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

MA321

Joined Feb 2, 2018
A comparison might be useful.

What can I do with WiCard that I cannot do with ESP8266 or ESP32 modules ?

Regards, Dana.
Hi Dana,

Thanks for the idea.

First of all, programming of those simple projects in the videos with ESP8266 or ESP32, takes many weeks (or even month, depending on your programming skill), while with WiCard it only takes a few minutes.

The second, WiCard WiFi module is "Over The Air Programmable". No need to use a "JTAG" programmer.

However I don't wanna compete with ESP8266 or ESP32. I believe in these chips are the basic parts with a very very high potential of useful features. Also I think these parts need a very powerful firmware. I don't claim currently I'm providing the best firmware, but the WiCard firmware now is powerful enough to incoming to the world of engineers, programmers and system designers.

And the third, by adding the second chip (ATMega8A), the ESP8266 chip is free to do the processing on the user program, connecting to the server and connecting to the user application.

WiCard is totally a sub-system, not only a chip or a module like USB to WiFi converter and etc. It needs to be made, impressed and produced.

MA321

Joined Feb 2, 2018
Hi again,

Good news, Now WiCard is completely free.

Some of the engineers who have built WiCard WiFi module, asked me for a free client-server based firmware. So I decided to use a slower (and cheaper) server and now I can provide free accounts and registration codes for WiCard at least for a while.

I've added I2C feature and soon I will add SPI, then I will upload the new revision of the free firmware of WiCard programmable WiFi module on my website (https://wicard.net).