Projector for one person

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
hello gentlemen, I had already posted a similar question before but now I have updates, so what I want to create is a projector that can project images to a single person and not to others. So the only question I have to solve as yakoov told me, was to use a collimated beam, on the internet I found various technologies such as the "virtual retina display", which seems to be right for me, I think the problem is very simple to solve but I can't solve it on my own, also I discovered a technology that could do for me like the "laser direct projector mems", so you know what to do?

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
try one of the virtual reality headsets, they are certainly private. BUT if the goal is to secretly view video that is different.
thanks for your answer, then I take the glasses for augmented reality as an idea, in reality I would like the projector to be in front of the single person and through the rear projection in front I put a screen to create the reflection then it takes a series of lenses that they must collimate the beam to the person's eyes so that only that person can see them and then a lens that has a focal length that allows the eye to see, these are my ideas, the main problem in my opinion is the optical part , because it is the lenses that must collimate and focus. so having explained this how can you help me ??

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
try one of the virtual reality headsets, they are certainly private. BUT if the goal is to secretly view video that is different.
I also thought of using an analogue projector of the vintage ones with negative tapes and the rear lamp I don't care much about the resolution or anything else, I can also project single images or rudimentary projections, I am interested in the single person being able to see the projection , which only a person can see, in the sense that the beam of light must be projected on the eyes, secretly there is nothing I just want to create a more realistic situation, the only difference with Google's smart glasses for example, is the distance in fact the google glasses are close while mine are at a distance of about 1 meter so the problem is the optics, I hope I have explained well

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Optical system design is outside of both my skills set and my experience. So it seems that others will need to be involved.
I have kept up with the product announcements and it does not seem like any product similar to what you seek exists. there are glasses that can provide an image, but I have not seen anything that projects into the eye.
The one obvious problem is that any movement at all will alter the focus of the image. Helmet mounted 'heads up' displays can provide the imaging, but they are not "discreet", in that they are very obvious.
It appears that you are seeking a system that others would not be aware of.

IF you could describe the application then others may be aware of how it might be achieved.

Capernicus

Joined Jun 24, 2022
if u project it onto a bump surface, if u have the virtual geometry on your arduino, you can distort the image that projects onto it, to fit the vision of the angle of the one person.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
if u project it onto a bump surface, if u have the virtual geometry on your arduino, you can distort the image that projects onto it, to fit the vision of the angle of the one person.
I'm sorry I didn't understand what you mean

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Optical system design is outside of both my skills set and my experience. So it seems that others will need to be involved.
I have kept up with the product announcements and it does not seem like any product similar to what you seek exists. there are glasses that can provide an image, but I have not seen anything that projects into the eye.
The one obvious problem is that any movement at all will alter the focus of the image. Helmet mounted 'heads up' displays can provide the imaging, but they are not "discreet", in that they are very obvious.

IF you could describe the application then others may be aware of how it might be achieved.
so it's not that I want to point it in the eye, but it has to work like smart glasses, slo at a greater distance, any viewer is fine too, but you have to bring it 1 meter away, so I need a collimator to direct the beam and then lenses that make me focus at the desired distance, do you know someone who can help me ??

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/ar...-could-beam-video-straight-onto-human-retina/

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What is the purpose of this projector? When presented with the VR headset, you responded with the concept of a rear projection screen that only one person could see. You also wanted the image to be presented at a distance from the viewer

Why? Knowing your reasons might get you a better response.

You know that instead of smart glasses, there are smart contacts. They can project an image to the wearer that appears to be some distance away which no one in the vicinity csn see. And plus, there is no equipment nearby to give away the effect.

https://interestingengineering.com/smart-contact-lenses-with-ar-display

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I was guessing that it was to see the other people's cards while gambling. That has already been done in reality and in Bond movies. But usually with an assistant. such a viewing system into ordinary looking glasses is now available, but currently they are very expensive.
I offer a word of caution, which is that cheating at high stakes gambling can be terribly hazardous to one's health if others discover it.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Both cheating on a test or at cards would be difficult with a rear projection screen or a projector in the room. Both would be a dead giveaway.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Both cheating on a test or at cards would be difficult with a rear projection screen or a projector in the room. Both would be a dead giveaway.
Certainly true.
My guess is that what is being sought after is more like the remote camera /glasses combination in some movie, possibly total recall.
I did see s system described recently that used a fiber optic/laser system and two scanning mirrors on what looked like ordinary glasses. The scanned image was on the inside surface of the lens, though. But it still had a five digit price tag. And no possible way for any arduino to have nearly enough processing power to make it work.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
What is the purpose of this projector? When presented with the VR headset, you responded with the concept of a rear projection screen that only one person could see. You also wanted the image to be presented at a distance from the viewer

Why? Knowing your reasons might get you a better response.

You know that instead of smart glasses, there are smart contacts. They can project an image to the wearer that appears to be some distance away which no one in the vicinity csn see. And plus, there is no equipment nearby to give away the effect.

https://interestingengineering.com/smart-contact-lenses-with-ar-display
thanks for the reply the translation is bad i think you meant contact lenses, but no that's not what i'm looking for. I designed the rear projection but I can also use the simple reflection, I need the projector to give a greater reality and that's it, I think the project is feasible but the problem is the optics

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I was guessing that it was to see the other people's cards while gambling. That has already been done in reality and in Bond movies. But usually with an assistant. such a viewing system into ordinary looking glasses is now available, but currently they are very expensive.
I offer a word of caution, which is that cheating at high stakes gambling can be terribly hazardous to one's health if others discover it.
I like your irony

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Certainly true.
My guess is that what is being sought after is more like the remote camera /glasses combination in some movie, possibly total recall.
I did see s system described recently that used a fiber optic/laser system and two scanning mirrors on what looked like ordinary glasses. The scanned image was on the inside surface of the lens, though. But it still had a five digit price tag. And no possible way for any arduino to have nearly enough processing power to make it work.7
I don't have to use any glasses