Project part: sine wave generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtoffer

Joined Sep 30, 2013
Cool really appreciate the input!

12v 100mA is indeed the specs of a little chassis fan I have that would be most convenient to use then (unfortunately without rpm measure). Would need at most 5v on the spinning thing. Would I then still need to "hicjack" the AC from the coils? And then ideally on small space convert to 5v... somehow.

For starters I imagined using a chassis fan to spin the whole thing with also but will have to test if it's strong enough for sure.

Really you need to just build and test.
Oh what I like best! :D

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
You can't do both tasks with the same motor.

You need one motor to spin it, and the second motor acts like a generator, because it's outer casing is spinning (the coils are spinning) the coils can produce power to run the spinning device they are mounted to.
:)

xtoffer

Joined Sep 30, 2013
You can't do both tasks with the same motor.
Hehe yeah that is quite clear. I have a bigger and a smaller, that was not so clear from my text. Didn't do any spinning test yet, just some mechanical fitting, and will need some more figuring how to keep the "blade part" of the generator fan still while the rest is spinning and at the same time not cover what should be visible :)

Buut if I figure, should I be able to use it as it is or better insert wires to the coils directly?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
If attempting to use the PC fan motor you will need to pull it apart and get to the coil wiring. Internally it has a little PCB with tiny SMD hall switches and transistors, that is between the two power wires and the motor coils.

I really doubt it will work as any type of useful generator if you don't remove or bypass the internal PCB.

The pancake motor I showed can be pulled from any old VCR, or some CD drives or hard drives. It is much easier to connect to the coils and just needs you to cut 3 or 4 tracks.

don'tknow

Joined Feb 5, 2015
is it possible to make a generator out of vcr brushless motors another way? i need it all to be like it is . i need the magnets to spin, not the coils. maybe some rewinding etc. idk. who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.