Project ideas

Metoo25

Joined Sep 7, 2020
Hello. I don’t know if anyone can help, but I will try anyways.

I am doing a group project where we have to design some hardware. I’m on my 5th semester, but we have just started the electronic part where we have to do some hardware, therefore I’m a new to this.

I have been thinking of issues and topics for the hardware. I thought about doing something involving corona, since it’s a big issue. I therefore want to design and make a hardware, which can be used to either help keeping the distance between people or help count people in a room. I am kinda lost for ideas, and wanted to know if there’s anyone who has a good idea for what you can do as a hardware that wouldn’t be too complicated, since we are only 2 in my group.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Among the projects I have seen are a people counter which keeps track of the number of people in a room. When a person enters the count increments by one and when a person departs the count decrements by one. A Google of people counter should give you some ideas. First one in turns lights On and last out turns lights Off.

Something else very popular now is anything "Smart Home" where using voice recognition can be made to happen. Alexa turn on living room lights. :)

Ron

Metoo25

Joined Sep 7, 2020
Among the projects I have seen are a people counter which keeps track of the number of people in a room. When a person enters the count increments by one and when a person departs the count decrements by one. A Google of people counter should give you some ideas. First one in turns lights On and last out turns lights Off.

Something else very popular now is anything "Smart Home" where using voice recognition can be made to happen. Alexa turn on living room lights. :)

Ron
Thank you!! I will try to see what I can find on google :)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have been thinking of issues and topics for the hardware. I thought about doing something involving corona, since it’s a big issue.
At first read, I thought you were referring to the Sun's corona and problems solar flares could cause.

For coronavirus, the main issues are social distancing. I'm sure stores would be interested in people counters. Another concern is maintaining appropriate separation. Personally, I'd work on a noise cancelling device that could be directed at "Karen's" throwing their temper tantrums so you wouldn't have to listen to the conspiracy theories and misinformation they spout.