Project Ideas for University student...?

TJ25

Joined Feb 2, 2017
I am in my final year degree in Electrical Engineering, and I am looking for some Research/Project Ideas that can link Electrical Engineering(the broadest kind) and Music.
....any Ideas please??

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I am in my final year degree in Electrical Engineering, and I am looking for some Research/Project Ideas that can link Electrical Engineering(the broadest kind) and Music.
....any Ideas please??
Do an analysis why the audio for musical guests on SNL sounds worse each season while available technology improves over the years.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
....any Ideas please??
Interesting... one idea would be to build a guitar pick-up, and see how changes in the wire gauge, number of wire turns, and magnet's shape, number and/or strength affect its frequency response.... Another would be a through analysis of how an instrument's ground/capacitive noise related to the human body (such as a finger touching an electric guitar string) could be minimized and what are it's more common causes (I'd love to learn that sort of thing)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Another would be a through analysis of how an instrument's ground/capacitive noise related to the human body (such as a finger touching an electric guitar string) could be minimized and what are it's more common causes (I'd love to learn that sort of thing)
Stop impersonating a slightly charged cap and that will stop popping when you touch it. Stop impersonating an antenna and it will stop buzzing (humming) when you touch it.

TJ25

Joined Feb 2, 2017
Interesting... one idea would be to build a guitar pick-up, and see how changes in the wire gauge, number of wire turns, and magnet's shape, number and/or strength affect its frequency response.... Another would be a through analysis of how an instrument's ground/capacitive noise related to the human body (such as a finger touching an electric guitar string) could be minimized and what are it's more common causes (I'd love to learn that sort of thing)
Wow, interesting... I'm definitely going to look into these 2 ideas, thanks

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
What this world needs is a universal audio DE-compressor. OR an audio DE-DSPer. Design and build a circuit that can return any processed audio signal to it's original state. This is the number one problem with audio today.

The other circuit that is sorely needed is a true automatic volume control. DSP has make this function an impossibility. This is the number two problem with audio today.

The first solution will solve the second.

Or start a political movement to ban all audio DSP.