Programming a new remote to copy of original

izon

Joined Mar 17, 2013
Some time ago I purchased this 4 channel RF remote unit.See ebay link. It was installed in a larger project which is now inanother city so I can't get to it
right now. Problem is the remote hand unit is wearing out and I want to get a replacement but it needs to be programmed to activate the
receiver same as the original. Normally this requires access to the receiver board and use a programming button. Is there any way I can
get the new remote programmed to match the originals settings without having to get at the receiver?
This may not be the best place on the forum but moderator please move if you see fit. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181576915561?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
The specs for the transmitter say that the encoder is hard wired. If you buy it again, it should just work.
Or do you already know that it won't?

izon

Joined Mar 17, 2013
Well you really can't trust what is written in some of these Chinese origin listings. When I got the one I bought. It came with a small piece of paper that was written so poorly it was very difficult to understand .
But it was definitely necessary to program each button as to whether you wanted momentary on, latched on or off. Or to toggle on and toggle off.
My original does not seem to show up on EBay anymore so bought the other hoping it would be similar enough but it has no instructions at all. Then I came across this listing (see EBay link) that had just three choices of transmitters available. My original looked just like the third controll from the left. I ordered it but does not work as is either. I may be able to program if I stumble through the way I did the first time but that is not really what I need to do now. Again the original hand unit is wearing out so that is why I'm trying to duplicate it with proper code to replace the original one.

Since the original is now built inside of a bigger project in another city, it isn't practical or economical to get it and tear it down and replace with this new one and try to get it programmed with the new hand unit.
So as I say I'm wondering if there is any way to clone the new hand unit to the old hand unit which then wouldn't require the travel and cost of working with the original receiver.

Incidentally the receiver has one pusbutton called a "program" button. This has to be used with a sequence of on,off and a particular transmitter button to program it to receive a signal and set the relay in the desired manner. Hope this helps explain a little more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172036146620?_trksid=p2060353.m14e38.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT