program loader

Amine

Joined Apr 20, 2015
hello,
I am a high embedded system engineer, please I ask for help about examples sample program loader of a source code program that is on my computer and load it on to a RAM card
thank you

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
What is a 'high' engineer (apart from one under the influence of some substance ;))? Or a 'high' system?
Why a RAM card? The program will be lost when the power goes off.

Amine

Joined Apr 20, 2015
La carte Ram se compose de plusieurs composants qui servent à sélectionner l’une des rams ainsi que l’accès en mode lecture/écriture.
Sa conservation de donnée. Branché en parallèle avec une batterie qui lui fournit une durée de conservation dépassant les 10 ans

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
We request that your posts be in English on this board to ensure maximum visibility for your question. I have a few questions.
  1. What processor are we talking about?
  2. What language is the source code written in?
  3. Do you have a compiler/assembler to process the source code into an object code of some kind?
  4. Do you have a way of making the object code available to your processor?
That should get us started.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I understand what an Intel Core Processor Family is and it covers a great many devices. I understand the use of C as a programming language. An Arduino, as I understand it, is an Atmel processor from the AVR family. The Arduino package is used to write a "sketch" which is their notion of a program. The sketch is converted to an object code which is loaded into the FLASH memory of the Atmel chip and executed.

You are talking about a RAM card on a board with an Intel Core processor. I am unsure if the Arduino IDE is capable of compiling and loading a program for an Intel Core processor. If it was capable of doing that then yes you would need to write a loader to run on the Intel Core processor which understood the Arduino output format. You will need to acquire many documents to get this information and accomplish this task. You will also need development tools that allow you to write C or assembler code for the Intel Core processor.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Since I don't know what you are trying to do it would difficult to advise you on how you would be able to work with another card. In your original post you asked about getting source code from your computer to an embedded platform. There are many ways to do this and all of them are suitable for most purposes. In the case of an Arduino, your program is being loaded into the FLASH memory of the device. Is there some reason why you think this will not work for you?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I see it not as a problem with the Arduino (although it may be) but understanding the Intel memory type and structure. It is difficult to make a suggestion without better understanding the whole environment.

Je le vois pas comme un problème avec l'Arduino ( bien qu'il puisse être ), mais comprendre le type de mémoire Intel et la structure . Il est difficile de faire une suggestion sans une meilleure compréhension de l' environnement dans son ensemble .

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The RAM on the Arduino platform, using the Atmel chip, cannot be used for executing instructions. It can only be used for data. Executable instructions are loaded into FLASH, Read Only Memory. I don't think the Arduino Programming IDE is capable of generating code for an Intel Core Series processor. Maybe they have such a thing, but I am not familiar with it, and so am unable to advise you about it.