problem with TINA-TI using square voltage sources

joseda

Joined May 4, 2009
Hi all!!
I've trying to simulate a simple circuit to get the commutation time of a transistor (2N2222) with a voltage generator in the form of a square signal in the base of the transistor.

The source is one with a frecuency of 500kHz (a period of 2us)

But this program can't simulate that!! Always i get the message "Convergence problem. Check the analysis problem"

I've attached a pdf explaining this clearly

Any clue about that?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

joseda

Joined May 4, 2009
Could you post or send me the schematic (the *.TSC file) compressed in a zip or rar file?

Thanks in advance!!

joseda

Joined May 4, 2009
whoaa!!
Thanks, TINA-TI astounds me!!

You must use an IC but if you use the first IC inside the tab of SpiceMacros/Operational Amplifiers it doesn't work!!!

And if you use the first IC inside the tab of Semiconductors/Operational Amplifiers it works!!!

What a strange behaviour for a program!!!

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
whoaa!!

You must use an IC but if you use the first IC inside the tab of SpiceMacros/Operational Amplifiers it doesn't work!!!

And if you use the first IC inside the tab of Semiconductors/Operational Amplifiers it works!!!

I see - that's tricky!

I don't use TINA often enough to unearth such issues. I've got used to Simetrix.

Anyway - I'm glad it works for you now.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
whoaa!!

The TI version of Tina requires a TI component to be loaded into the schematic editor. Make a template using a TI component and short all the pins. Drag it off to the right side of the screen so it not visible. Save the schematic as Template or whatever name you like. Now you can open the Template, instead of New, when you start a new schematic.

This is what I did before I purchased Tina Classic.