Problem with Livestrong LS13.0T treadmill.

cec4111

Joined Jan 16, 2020
All was fine until yesterday. When I switch on, the console says CONNECTING. I tried switch off switch on, nothing works. Unplugged all cables in circuit board and re attached, still same message. Does anyone know how to reset the treadmill? I don't find a reset button anywhere. It's a 2.75hp motor https://parts.johnsonfitness.com/htm0895-01-ls13-0t-02-tm439-2012, this is the circuit board.
Please let me know what's the issue with it and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Mikesfiero

Joined Apr 17, 2020
I looked for ever to try and find any mention of this "connecting" error. I have had 2 treadmills fail in this way. The only document I could find was two Service Bulletins from Johnson Equipment. (makers of MANY treadmill brands) It mentions the only problem likely is a broken wire from the MCB to the UCB. The LS10.0t I have currently failed is not a broken wire as I have metered it out multiple times. Then just last week I picked up another LS10.0t for free that only had some buttons not working (speed up and down, Start, Stop) The rest of it works fine. I hooked up the console from the "connecting" one to the working one. Still showed "connecting" So it is something in the UCB. I haven't been able to do any further troubleshooting yet. You will notice one of the attached SB's is for a Horizon 5.3AT however it has the same MCB as the LS. Anyway, food for thought.

Attachments

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
I looked for ever to try and find any mention of this "connecting" error. I have had 2 treadmills fail in this way. The only document I could find was two Service Bulletins from Johnson Equipment. (makers of MANY treadmill brands) It mentions the only problem likely is a broken wire from the MCB to the UCB. The LS10.0t I have currently failed is not a broken wire as I have metered it out multiple times. Then just last week I picked up another LS10.0t for free that only had some buttons not working (speed up and down, Start, Stop) The rest of it works fine. I hooked up the console from the "connecting" one to the working one. Still showed "connecting" So it is something in the UCB. I haven't been able to do any further troubleshooting yet. You will notice one of the attached SB's is for a Horizon 5.3AT however it has the same MCB as the LS. Anyway, food for thought.
Actually, I haven't seen this failure but if Horizon(Johnson) mentioned a cable, it makes me wonder if the "connecting" timeout is due to a bad communication link to the lower control board cpu. This upper/lower set use a serial link to chat between each other. If either end loses the ability to "talk" back to the other, this may be the result, a "waiting" upper.
There are no Tx/Rx LEDs on these sets to know who is talking and whom is not, so we must eliminate one or the other to diagnose. Lowers are easy to get to, we simply set a refurbished unit in there and see if we can chat or get the same upper error on the digital units. Portable oscilloscopes are a dream for this type of job, but the consoles are a bummer to crawl into usually. Good Luck