Problem i've solved but I still could not understand it all the way through

albert1905

Joined Sep 21, 2016
hey guys , i would like to share with you a problem:
i have 7 bits num, all i need to check how much "1" i got in the num.
exmple: if the num is: 1001101 i should output 100.

i solved the prob , by trying again and again but i couldn't understand why this is true, or how next time, ill do it better, and have a straight way to solve it.
the solution is attached.

if someone can walk with me step by step whats the idea and the princple that i need to walk through it will be more then great!

thx!!!!!

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So, let me get this straight, YOU solved this problem, but you have no idea how YOUR solution works and you need someone to explain to you how YOUR solution works.

How did you manage to come up with this solution that you claim YOU came up with? Did you just randomly connect a bunch of full adders together until you happened upon a circuit that just happen to mysteriously do what you wanted to do?

Since you are so lucky at combining circuit components at random to produce a desired result, how about just opening a text file and randomly hitting keys. It shouldn't take long before you'll just happen to type out the correct description of how it works.

albert1905

Joined Sep 21, 2016
So, let me get this straight, YOU solved this problem, but you have no idea how YOUR solution works and you need someone to explain to you how YOUR solution works.

How did you manage to come up with this solution that you claim YOU came up with? Did you just randomly connect a bunch of full adders together until you happened upon a circuit that just happen to mysteriously do what you wanted to do?

Since you are so lucky at combining circuit components at random to produce a desired result, how about just opening a text file and randomly hitting keys. It shouldn't take long before you'll just happen to type out the correct description of how it works.
so u wrote 11 lines to try to sound funny?

this is not my homework im getting ready for my work interview, if u dont want to held dont waste ur own time and comment.

albert1905

Joined Sep 21, 2016
if i a copier and have the solution for my homework, why do u think i need you.
but i really care of understanding, if u can help, help.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

this is not my homework im getting ready for my work interview, if u dont want to held dont waste ur own time and comment.
You're getting ready for a work interview by asking others to explain to you how a simple circuit that you claim YOU came up with works?

At least the post-interview decision process won't take long.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
if i a copier and have the solution for my homework, why do u think i need you.
but i really care of understanding, if u can help, help.
Perhaps if you could explain how YOU came up with that circuit, the very process of doing so will shed light on how it works.

Unless, of course, the method by which YOU came up with it involves that copier you mentioned.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008

Sorry but you still seem less than truthful.
How is it that this particular problem solution is needed for your "work interview"?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hey guys , i would like to share with you a problem:
i have 7 bits num, all i need to check how much "1" i got in the num.
exmple: if the num is: 1001101 i should output 100.

i solved the prob , by trying again and again but i couldn't understand why this is true, or how next time, ill do it better, and have a straight way to solve it.
the solution is attached.

if someone can walk with me step by step whats the idea and the princple that i need to walk through it will be more then great!

thx!!!!!
Cool circuit. What software did you use to draw that?