Problem choosing antenna for a Microtik router

nikola1020

Joined May 16, 2023
[This post was moved to its own thread form an older thread that was only tangentially related to its content. The only post is not included by reference because it seems like ti would confuse rather than clarify, but the TS (Thread Starter) is welcome to provide a particular quote from the post if there is something helpful in it. —Moderator]

Hello, I have a similar problem [identifying an antenna], I currently have a mikrotik wap ac kit with an r11 module, and an external antenna from a 10db panel. The signal is not good. I hesitated to buy the sxt ac kit lte. The first picture is of the open sxt lte device and the second of the antenna. which I use. sxt lte ac uses the same r11 module for lte. but I'm not sure which antenna it is, I see that it has two layers of 4 squares, is this a directional panel?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

nikola1020

Joined May 16, 2023
the picture shows my wap ac lte router with an r11e card for lte and a 9db antenna. will i get a better signal if i use this lte client:
https://mikrotik.com/product/sxt_lte_kit
which has the same r11e lte module and 9db antenna.

it confuses me, all panel antennas are cubes and have one layer of 4 squares,and the mikrotik from the link sxt lte kit has two layers of 4 squares each and is a circle.

do you know why it is in the shape of a circle and why it has two layers, that confuses me

Attachments

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
This is not a "yes-or-no" question.
Try both and see which one works best.

Some Antenna designs have better performance than others.
What they "look-like" does not indicate anything about their performance.