Private messages

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
One last point, if their is another user you think is especially knowledgeable you can tag them in your post to view your question by typing @<username>. In my case that would be @Wendy, and they will be notified you tagged them in your post, Most users will respond if asked personally. I do.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
For the record, I have had many very good conversations with regulars here that simply aren't the sort of thing public posts are for.

It's a very useful facility to me. I am always open to people messaging with substantive things, whatever they might be.

I also had the same problem, so I need to write 10 posts?

I will try to do it as soon as possible
I need to get in contact with a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to remove this account and the few posts I created. I do not want to have visualized my personal first and last name, for privacy reasons.
I do not think I have been asked to have it shown, I just connected to my gmail account
Maybe that's the reason?

Hi,
Will bring it to the attention of Administration. @bertus
E

Thank you ericgibbs for your kind support

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
We (as in an Administrator) can change your username to something else. What would you like it changed to?

As for deleting content, we don't do that unless the content violates the User Agreement in such a way as to warrant removal. Forums such as these are intrinsically archival in nature and when content is removed in disturbs the continuity of the threads containing it.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You can not start a conversation, but can reply.
I have started a conversation.
You should be able to reply on that.

Bertus

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
We (as in an Administrator) can change your username to something else. What would you like it changed to?

As for deleting content, we don't do that unless the content violates the User Agreement in such a way as to warrant removal. Forums such as these are intrinsically archival in nature and when content is removed in disturbs the continuity of the threads containing it.
Just want to add, when your username is changed, while previous content cannot be deleted, it will appear under your new username.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sending PM's to people to ask for help is a good way to find yourself blocked.

Requests for help should always posted in the forum that you believe most closely matches your question; if you are in doubt, post it in the General forum and a Moderator will move it if appropriate.

When you post your question/request for help in a forum, you have the advantage of numerous persons of all skill levels evaluating and responding in an organized manner, as everything related to your question/project will be in that single thread. Others can learn from your project/question and corresponding replies.

If conducted via PM's, nobody else benefits, you don't get the peer review and alternative solutions that may be presented. There is not the same trail of information as on a topic/thread, and the very premise of the forum -- sharing knowledge -- is violated.

So, make your topic post, and wait a few days for replies. Lots of people have busy lives with jobs, families, spouses and myriad activities. If you don't get a response, review your topic description; is it meaningful? Do better than "I need help with this ASAP!" - everyone wants help right away, and practically everyone posting a topic wants help.

Try to describe what you're wanting help with adequately. Very frequently, we find ourselves asking many, manycquestions because the topic originator just didn't tell us all what we needed to know in order to help them.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi I am trying to ask Mr Chips a question without hijacking another thread how con I do this

Regards Paul
Hi Paul
In the interest of the AAC commons as a whole, Private Messages are discouraged unless it is personal in nature and personal privacy is to be protected. Questions of a technical nature could be useful for any other reader who might have the same or similar questions.

The simple answer is, start a new thread.