Power ultrasonic transducer Overheat issue.

Irene Cassandra

Joined Mar 16, 2017
I have 2 vendors supplying 2000 watt ultrasonic transducer.
One vendor says the transducer can be operated continuously.
Another vendor says the heat generated required the transducers be rested half hr for every 2 hr of operation because excessive heat generated for such high power device

I ask the 2nd vendor is it operating at resonant frequency and matched impedance between generator and transducer and the overheat still present? He said yes.

How comes so different answers from 2 different vendor for same type of product?
Can I trust the first vendor saying the high power transducer can be operated continuously. Sounds too good to be true? what do you think?

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I have 2 vendors supplying 2000 watt ultrasonic transducer.
One vendor says the transducer can be operated continuously.
Another vendor says the heat generated required the transducers be rested half hr for every 2 hr of operation because excessive heat generated for such high power device

I ask the 2nd vendor is it operating at resonant frequency and matched impedance between generator and transducer and the overheat still present? He said yes.

How comes so different answers from 2 different vendor for same type of product?
Can I trust the first vendor saying the high power transducer can be operated continuously. Sounds too good to be true? what do you think?
What are the part numbers for the two different transducers -- Better yet, put the data sheets in this thread. Maybe someone here will see a subtle difference in the transducers explaining what you have been told.