Power supply wiring.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have a post on this subject from a couple years ago. But, I am resurrecting the project.

There are three modules.

The SSC-32 draws 31ma, but can draw s peak current of 30A when driving servos. Typical draw is 6-10A for Servos.

The Arduino Mega and a couple of shields draw 60 mA

I have a POS (NOT piece of shit) power supply trying to run this all at 5vdv. I have s booster to bring the 5vdv to 9 BCD for the Arduino. The SSC-32 ran fine at 5vdc.

I think I answered my own question. I'm trying to retrofit a power supply, yet both modules will run at 9vdv.

I just need a hefty 9vdc supply for both modules (they have onboard 5vdc regulators).

Matching the 5vdc current of the point of sale power supply. The Arduino current requirements are small compared to the servos.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have a post on this subject from a couple years ago. But, I am resurrecting the project.

There are three modules.

The SSC-32 draws 31ma, but can draw s peak current of 30A when driving servos. Typical draw is 6-10A for Servos.

The Arduino Mega and a couple of shields draw 60 mA

I have a POS (NOT piece of shit) power supply trying to run this all at 5vdv. I have s booster to bring the 5vdv to 9 BCD for the Arduino. The SSC-32 ran fine at 5vdc.

I think I answered my own question. I'm trying to retrofit a power supply, yet both modules will run at 9vdv.

I just need a hefty 9vdc supply for both modules (they have onboard 5vdc regulators).

Matching the 5vdc current of the point of sale power supply. The Arduino current requirements are small compared to the servos.
Keep the two supplies separate. If possible, isolate the two circuits using opto-couplers.