Power supply vs battery

Thread Starter


Joined Jan 25, 2022
I have a kitchen faucet that uses electronics to turn on/off when the spout is touched (capacitive discharge?). It uses a 9v battery pack or a 9v single battery top operate. I replaced the battery with a simple, cheap 9v, 2amp power supply. Now, operation is sometimes OK but tends to cycle on/off without operator interaction. Any thoughts or potential fixes would be appreciated.


Joined Jul 18, 2013
Maybe picking up spurious noise via the PS ?
Possible a non-SMPS could help, i.e. small mains transformer bridge and cap.
Also try grounding the NEG side of the LV, see if it help or aides the issue!