Power supply component identification

davidme

Joined Jan 15, 2024
Hi
can someone please help me identify this component, it came from my desktop power supply, it was attached to a heat sink, and there are 5 others that looked the same but has different component numbers than this one
i tried looking for the component number but it is missing its beginning, is it a voltage regulator? can i put an alternative one?

Thanks

Attachments

Pyrex

Joined Feb 16, 2022
hi,
i guess, it's a high voltage transistor. Those explodes as in your photo. Unfortunatelly, it's hard to identify. Try to found PSU's circuit diagram. At least, what are associated components. I'm afraid, theres's more defective components in your PSU

davidme

Joined Jan 15, 2024
Thanks guys for your reply, the PSU has no brand name manufacturer, i think the PC was home built, on the same row with this damaged component there are two 13007 transistors, on the other heat sink there are 3 S20C45C rectifiers. there is also what looks like a burnt fuse on the input wire, soldered to the board.

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
the 13007 is likely MJE13007 but ... they may not all be transistors. they may be diodes. check the silkscreen next to component. diodes will be marked D1, D2 etc. transistors will be Q1, Q2 etc. this thing is way too old. proper restoration would involve more than just replacing broken parts. it would need replacing all electrolytic capacitors as they have aged and dried up. other components have also aged and deviate from specs. fixing this is a loosing battle. replacement PSU are cheap these days