power line communiction for AMR(automatic meter reading)application

Engr.sjsharma

Joined Dec 1, 2011
im working on automatic meter reading using power line communication.i have done FSK for data transmission need ur help to couple this modulated data on power line.and plz suggest me some material on AMR using power line communciation.
thanks in advance

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I would assume it's not that great of an idea. The new thing over here on my side of the planet is "smart meters" - They transmit your meter reading (+detailed usage stats) wirelessly. So, I base my assumption on a second assumption that engineers working for the power company scientifically evaluated all the options (including power line communication) and decided that wireless was superior. maybe my assumtions are stupid, but when I think of all the meters that are on the grid and trying to network them all so they don't try to "talk over one another", I make a 3rd assumtion that it would be a mind-boggling mess; especially in India, after seeing pictures of India's power system:

Engr.sjsharma

Joined Dec 1, 2011
thanks for ur kind suggestion..Ur opinion is more logical technically but here such wireless implementation is hacked nowadays and it is not implemented on larger scale here and we are just looking for this as an temporary solution. so Ur any help in regard is most valued..