power line communication

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm doin research on PLC!
i have made coupler ckt, using capacitor and toroidal core and some passive I/O filters!
now, i'm looking to make FSK modem! my channel works well at 100kHz to 200kHz! so i'm thinking to use space n mark freq. in between 100 n 200 kHz!
channel has noise at 150 kHz, i need to filter it! but adding filter has unwanted effect on the system charcterstics!
need some hard work!
anyone can contact me for help, n i also hope same from u too!
rakesh

Ahmed

Joined Mar 16, 2005
Hi rakesh ...

until now we dont solve the problem of power line coupling, we just simulate the circuit using Orcad simulation computer tool....
i wonder if you make any simulation to your circuit .. becauase it is very powerfull

thanksssss.. :rolleyes:

vineethbs

Joined Nov 14, 2004
hi all ,
anyone tried the sg-thompson website , they make fsk modems, try their app notes
also there are application notes on microchip's site where they discuss powerline coupling and x10 implementation

what abt interfacing by means of a cap
if so what kind of cap do i need to use

thanx in advance

Hi all :)
this is Ahmet BAYIRLI from Turkey,,
i am doin the same project as you,, powerline communication,, as a final year project in Istanbul University, Electronic Eng. Dept. anyway
if you guys interested in lets unite a community and finish our projects together,,
my first season studyings are for document gathering,, i ve found a finished project named AUTO-MATE by Warren Hastings and also i ve pcb s and schematics of a baby watcher kit which has been builded in early 80's and published in a mounthly magazin " Elektor" ,,,
this season i ll be in laboratory mostly but not decided totally,,
i am waiting for your replies
thanx all, have good working

Ahmet BAYIRLI
ahmet.bayirli@gmail.com

errakesh

Joined Apr 19, 2005
hi,
i have made fsk tx n rx system using 566(vco) n 565(pll), they are working well!
i have made power coupler too, but it has charc. not as wanted
i need to learn the design aspect of power coulper, n how to increase the channel bandwidth
individually, both systems are working fine, but the problem is that the bandwidth of the coupler is diffrent than that of FSK system, more preciously, i need to increase the bandwidth
any one who is intersted in sharing knowledge, plz, email me
rakeshpjp@yahoo.com
hope i too can help u people outthere
actually, i'm thinking to communicate 2 computers through power line!!!

Gireesh

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Hi all
I'm also working on Powerline communication.
I've designed a modulator and demodulator using XR2206 and XR2211 respectively. and they are working properly.
And the problem is with isolation.
I too need info about isolation transformers.
Did anybody tyr Agilents DAA IC (HCPL800j).
Plz, Reply.

iKarr

Joined Apr 27, 2005
Hi.

I have a similar power line communications problem. I need to send a CDMA bit streem across a 500m length of power line.

I need a schematic of the coupler and de-coupler.

Can anyore help.

aalok07

Joined Mar 3, 2008
Hi Geerish

We r also doing the same project on power line communication using fsk modulator and demodulator.
we have made the coupling ckt using pmos and nmos.
can just mail me ur fsk mod and demod ckt that u have made using fsk xr2206 and xr2211. hav u simulated the ckt in orcad?
plz do reply.
that wil be helpful for both of us

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This thread is nearly 3 years old and the said member hasn't logged in for that amount of time. I would suggest that you start a new thread if you want help.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.